A Dietitian’s Christmas
Happy (almost) New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season – I sure did! Lars and I were able to drive back to our home town (St. Louis) and spend a few days with friends and family and enjoyed SO MUCH FOOD! I wanted to share and review some of the gifts I either gave or received, in case you are needing some ideas for next year 😉
- Fitbit Alta HR – what better gift for a dietitian than a Fitbit? I am loving this so far.
I work at a BIG hospital as you can see in my step count!
2. Fitbit Alta HR metal wristband – well if I am going to wear my Fitbit to work, I need a dressy wristband to go with it, right?!
3. Instant Pot – MUST HAVE. I did not get this for Christmas but we did get for our wedding. My mom got this for Christmas this year and she can’t wait to try it out!
4. The Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals – so of course I had to get my mom this Insta Pot cookbook for some recipe inspiration!
5. Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa – and last but not least, my Kindle Fire! I asked for this so I can have a larger screen when looking at recipes while I am cooking. And even better, I can now ask Alexa how many cups are in a quart.. oh wait I’m a dietitian…I guess I am supposed to know that already. But you get the point!!
6. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow – I already have this book (Skinnytaste fan girl hard core here), but I did get this for my sister-in-law. We love bouncing recipes that we have tried off of one another, so this was a perfect gift for anyone who likes to cook or who is needing some recipe inspiration.
7. KitchenAid Immersion Blender – I LOVE my KitchenAid Immersion blender. I use it when I make tomato soup in my Insta Pot. So of course this was gifted to my mom this year.
8. OXO Good Grips Chopper – The hubs wins again with this one. I love any type of kitchen gadget and for some reason I didn’t have one of these choppers! (I know… how did I not ever put this on our registery?!). This is perfect for quickly chopping up vegetables and herbs!
9. Harry & David Fruit Basket – What better gift for a dietitian than a fruit basket? This year was full of delicious grapefruit, oranges, and clementines! We received a pear basket last year. Always such a thoughtful gift to get on our doorstep from Lars’s thoughtful Aunt and Uncle in TX!
And these are my top 9 favorites from Christmas this year! Feel free to send any questions you have about these products my way, at email@example.com.